Chicken Bacon Pasta
I’m having Disneyland withdrawals. So naturally, what do I do? Start planning a trip for a Disney World trip in May! My DB and I have never been, so it’ll be a fun celebration after my DB’s first year of law school. I started researching hotels and trip plans, and my goodness.. there’s a lot to plan! Does anyone have any tips on hotels to stay at or places I must see/eat while in Orlando? Or any tips on how to save on admission? Thanks in advance!
Here’s an easy weekday meal that takes 20 minutes to prepare. You can never have enough pasta recipes in your life. True story. In all honesty, the cream cheese makes the pasta quite heavy.. a little too heavy for me. That’s coming from a girl that’d be fine with a bit of butter and parmesan cheese on her pasta. Recipe from Plain Chicken.
- 1/2 pound bacon, cooked and roughly chopped
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 pound penne pasta
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup cream cheese
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 whole eggs
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 grilled chicken breast, sliced
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions.
- Heat heavy cream and cream cheese in a small saucepan over low heat until melted and smooth. Remove from heat.
- Add the parmesan cheese, eggs, garlic powder, red pepper flakes and pepper and whisk until blended.
- Drain pasta (reserving 1/2 cup of hot water) and return to pot. Immediately add the sauce and gently fold until the pasta is coated. The hot pasta will cook the eggs. Stir in the bacon, and add some reserved pasta water to loosen the sauce. Serve with grilled chicken.