Oh, Pillsbury. You continuously fill my kitchen with joy. I made my first cupcakes in elementary school using your cake mixes. Little did I know just how versatile your cake boxes really were.
Then you come out and introduce such eye catching boxes. These orangesicle and key lime premium mixes scream out spring. How can you not want to grab an ice cold drink, a Pillsbury dessert, head out to the backyard and lay out by the pool when seeing this packaging?
I actually carried these sweet treats with me all the way from San Francisco to Los Angeles and gave them out to curious people. If they asked what I was carrying, I’d offer one to them. By the time I came back to LA, I had already given half of the cookie cups away.
[I use this carrier for everything. I just remove the deviled egg containers and they're the perfect size for packing, traveling, and easy accessibility.]
There are a lot of courageous people out there who would take sweets from a stranger. Maybe a little Asian girl carrying around a stacked tupperware filled with dessert doesn’t seem like such a huge threat. Just maybe.
Well, these cookie cups don’t exactly look very intimidating, either. They look just the opposite… extremely inviting. I don’t blame those strangers for accepting my treats.
You can also use bigger muffin tins to make your treat if the petite ones don’t tickle your fancy. I used a muffin top pan to make these jumbo ones:
But let’s be real here… the smaller the dessert, the cuter they are. It’s like having miniature cupcakes to celebrate for no reason. Who needs a reason to celebrate, anyways? Here are three ways to celebrate spring for no reason:
- Make these coconut cheesecake key lime cookie cups for your neighbors and invite them over for a pool party! What better way is there to spend your day?
- Spend some time outdoors. Whether it be sitting on your porch for five minutes after work to wind down or rock climbing in the mountains, celebrate the great spring weather!
- Don’t be afraid of color. It’s the time to wear that bright orange or neon pink scarf with your outfit. Lime green shoes? Perfect. This is the time of the year to wear your brightest clothing (and get away with it)!
The cookie cups bake up rather quickly, so keep an eye on it since your oven might be faster than mine. There are little speckles of lime zest cooked throughout the batter, creating a wonderful surprise when being bitten into.
The key lime flavor is the real winner here. It stands out among the cheesecake and coconut flavors. If you love key lime desserts, you’ll love this.
I used a Wilton tip #31 to frost these, in case you were curious. Can you tell it’s my first time using that tip?
That’s not it, my friends. Pillsbury is giving away a Summer Seasonal Celebration Starter Kit to one lucky reader on my blog! The kit includes:
- One box each Summer Seasonal Cake & Cookie Mixes
- Frostings (1 each of Creamy Supreme Key Lime and Creamy Supreme Orangesicle)
- $50 dollar Visa or American Express gift card
Total estimated giveaway value: $60
To enter, just leave a comment by midnight on May 8th letting me know how you’ll be celebrating spring!
*This is a sponsored post by Pillsbury, but the opinions expressed are my own.*