I’m so embarrassed by the pictures in my last post that I had to quickly update the blog to push it down a level.
Is that better?
I sure hope so because these were delish!
Pretty sure it doesn’t get any better than this. This recipe comes from one of my favorite bloggers, The Pioneer Woman, and she has yet to fail me on a recipe. Everything that I’ve made from her blog so far is fairly simple and extremely mouthwatering. Just look at these pictures. It’s surely a meal to please the man of your life.
I served the meatballs on fresh ciabatta bread from Costco (LOVE them). You can change it up to any kind of bread you prefer– rolls, sourdough, wheat, etc. The real star is what’s in between the layers of bread. This meal would also be perfect for a lunch with friends or a kid’s party. Eat up!
- 1 pound Ground Chuck Or Ground Beef
- 1/2 cup Panko Or Other Bread Crumbs
- 1 clove Garlic, Minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1/2 whole Medium Onion, Diced
- 1 jar (large) Marinara Sauce
- Ciabatta bread (or whatever you prefer)
- 4 slices Provolone Cheese, Cut Into Four Wedges Each
- Knead together the meat with bread crumbs, garlic, salt, pepper, and milk and roll into desired size balls.
- Pour olive oil into a skillet and turn the heat to medium. Add the diced onions and sautee for about a minute before adding in the meatballs. Cook until just browned, about another minute.
- Pour in the jar of marinara and shake the pan slightly to coat the meatballs. Simmer for 20 minutes, covered.
- When done, cut your bread in half and place a piece of cheese. Pour some of the meatballs and marinara on top of the cheese. Serve hot!
P.S. I forgot to announce the Olive Garden gift card winner, who was #83, miahsbabe89.
Congrats and thanks for replying so quickly!