Happy early Halloween! What are everyone’s plans for the holiday? Dressing up? I’ve always been a Halloween home body, giving out candy to kids that go trick or treating. I can’t believe how fast this year is going! I’m already starting to listen to Christmas music on Spotify. What can I say, it gets me in the baking mood. Michael Buble’s new Christmas CD is definitely a keeper!
As I’ve said before, I’ll never stop trying chocolate chip cookies, regardless of how great of a recipe I have. This one was just different enough to entice me into baking. They’re from Chic Life and are bite sized, cakey cookies. It’s not very sweet on its own, so it’s great for the ones missing a sweet tooth. The texture reminded me of a shortbread. If you like your cookies on the sweeter side, roll the cookie doll balls into sugar just prior to baking. This recipe is a keeper for many, but it just wasn’t for me (only because I’m a fan of sweet sweets!).
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 stick butter, softened/room-temp
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream together the butter and sugars. Mix in the egg and vanilla.
- Add in the flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Fold the chocolate chips into the dough and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes.
- Roll the dough into balls and bake for 10-14 minutes.