Some days, I just want an easy lunch. What do I do? I make a good ol’ panini with my cast iron grill pan (courtesy of abuela).
All you need is these 5 ingredients. How simple could it be?
I got all my ingredients from Trader Joe’s. Their fresh pesto and mozzarella are so gosh darn amazing. You could try subbing spinach for the arugula or even adding some meat to the sandwich. My DB’s sandwich has turkey, but I like mine just the way it is. Don’t get me wrong, I’m a meat girl, but sometimes I crave my greens!
- 2 slices of a thick, rustic bread
- 2 fresh slices of mozzarella
- a handful of arugula
- 1-2 teaspoons pesto
- about a teaspoon of butter
- Turn on the stove to medium heat. Place both slices of bread on the pan, buttering the top side.
- Flip both pieces over and spread the pesto on.
- Add the mozzarella to one slice, sprinkling with arugula.
- Take your other piece of bread and put it on top of the arugula, butter side up.
- Using a spatula, press the sandwich down a little bit, so you get the nice grill marks.
- After a minute or two, flip the entire sandwich over and repeat.