I’m excited to report that I am not a horrible mess in the cooking department. I’ve officially been away from home for over a week, which means that I am forced to start learning how to cook and experiment on the stove rather than in the oven. My DB definitely has nothing up his sleeve in the cooking department, so it’s all on me. I mean, I can’t eat dessert for every meal. I might die of malnutrition. Maybe….maybe not. My point being– You can look forward to real food recipes coming soon.
I’ve loved having all this free time with my DB. We’ve been sleeping in for who knows how long, catching up on Fringe (the TV show… totally addicted, btw), spending hours in used bookstores, eating breakfast at 1PM, and running random errands to get things that we forgot to bring. As lovely as that schedule sounds, I’m ready to get back into an organized routine. To start, I’ll get into a more consistent blogging schedule. I’ve already started that on my other blog!
These cookies will help you bounce back into it. Soft, chewy, and chocolate-y, they’ll shock anyone back to life. I got this recipe from Itsby Bitsy Foodies.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups oats
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream butter and both sugars. Mix in the vanilla and eggs.
- Stir in the flour, cocoa powder, and baking soda until just incorporated into the batter.
- Gradually add in the oats and chocolate chips.
- Drop the dough by tablespoons onto a baking sheet. Bake for 8 minutes or until they are just set.