I loved all your responses in my last post! Apparently one of my blog readers even tags bathroom stalls with my blog URL. I wonder what truth there is to that comment… Actually, I’m even more curious as to who came to my blog from a bathroom stall display. Anyone? Anyone? Didn’t think so.
I just noticed today while cleaning the kitchen that I had a drawer underneath my stove. You can imagine how ecstatic I was to learn that I had MORE kitchen space! I don’t know how I missed it the first time around. I guess I’m not used to electric stovetops with drawers built in.
These cookies didn’t really taste like graham cookies at all. They tasted more like a softer snickerdoodle with a hint of honey. I was bummed that they weren’t what I was going for, but everyone else devoured them thinking that they were snickerdoodles, anyways. As long as you don’t bake these with the expectation of making a s’more, you’ll be pleased.
From My Kitchen Addiction
For the cookie dough:
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
For the cinnamon sugar coating:
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 375°F
- Cream together butter, both sugars, and honey. Mix in the egg and vanilla.
- Add baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, and flour.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the sugar and cinnamon for the coating.
- Shape the dough into 1 tablespoon balls and roll in the cinnamon sugar coating.
- Place on cookie sheet, at least two inches apart, and bake for 9-10 minutes, until slightly golden.
- Let cool on sheet for 5 minutes before moving to a cooling sheet.