Time has really been flying recently. Before I know it, it’s been a week since I’ve updated my food blog. Eeeeep! No bueno. I need to get back on my schedule and keep things organized. It’s hectic since I left my job last week, have been getting ready to move out, and started figuring out my finances until then. I’ve also been addicted to getting furniture on Craigslist for the past couple of weeks. I scored a sweet counter-style dining table with four chairs for only 75 bucks!
This chocolate cupcake comes from foodess and they were alright to me. The texture was great, but the taste was stale. The coffee supposedly brings out the chocolate flavor, but I really think these could have benefitted from using a chocolate bar or some real melted chocolate chips mixed in. The cocoa powder just wasn’t enough. Don’t worry though, you definitely don’t taste any of the coffee! If you’re looking for a chocolate cake recipe, I’d recommend this one. It still stands to be my favorite.
Don’t forget: one more week until the giveaway ends!
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 3/4 cup cocoa
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup hot coffee (or 2 tsp instant coffee in 1 cup boiling water, or simply 1 cup boiling water)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 24 cupcakes with liners.
- Mix together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add in the eggs, buttermilk, melted butter and vanilla extract until combined. Gradually stir in hot coffee.
- Fill the cupcake liners 3/4 of the way full and bake for 18-20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean.
- Cool completely and finish with a dusting of powdered sugar (or frosting).