Let’s just say: Whoa mama.. I can always count on you guys for some drama (not all of you, mostly just the anonymous posters).
Let’s lighten the mood a bit, shall we? We all need that from so many people believing in killing off dogs at the first chance. Yeeeeesh. Let’s focus on the sprinkles, now… bright and happy thoughts.
I’ve always been a fan of rice crispy treats. My mom never really baked, so this is the closest she got to making dessert. Even so, these were probably made twice a year in my house when I was growing up. The moment I realized how simple the recipe was, I started making rice crispy treats on my own (maybe 7th grade?).
I saw the idea for cake batter rice crispy treats floating around on Tastespotting and Foodgawker. Could rice crispy treats really taste like cake batter? The idea was so simple.. just mix cake mix in! So I gave it a go. The first time I tried, the treats weren’t nearly as cake battery as I’d hoped for. So, I gave it another go with three times the amount of cake batter I put in the first time. Perfect!
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 10-ounce bag of mini marshmallows (4 cups mini marshmallows)
- 3/4 cup Funfetti cake mix
- 6 cups rice krispies cereal
- 6 heaping tablespoons of sprinkles
- Completely melt butter in a large saucepan over low heat.
- Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted.
- Next, stir in the cake mix until dissolved.
- Stir in the cereal until it is evenly coated with marshmallow. Sprinkle in half of the sprinkles and mix and continue stirring.
- Press the mixture into a 9 x 13 baking dish and top with remaining sprinkles. Cut and enjoy!