I know this is a food/baking blog, but I just can’t fathom the events going on in Japan. I need to take a time out from desserts and say this: My heart goes out to all the people and families affected by the earthquake and tsunami. I have been to Japan once before, and I have always been in awe of the kindness that I received while on my trip. Now, it is my chance to give back to them in their time of need. Japan needs our help now, more than ever. I hope we can all come together and pitch in by donating to the Red Cross. Every little bit counts!
These cupcakes were extremely moist– well, obviously, check out the ingredient list! A doctored up cake mix is always an “A” in my book. The frosting turned out a little runny for me and wouldn’t stabilize back together, but that could be because I over mixed the batter. There was also WAY too much frosting, so I’d cut the frosting recipe in half next time for the full amount of cupcakes. Recipe from Eat at Allie’s.
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package devil’s food cake mix
- 1 (5.9 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 2 cups mini semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix together the cake and pudding mixes, sour cream, oil, eggs and water.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Fill the lined muffin cups with 3/4 batter.
- Bake for 20 to 24 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool completely before frosting.
- 8 oz Cool Whip
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 20 Keebler Grasshopper Mint Cookies, crushed
- Green food coloring
Mix ingredients together until combined.