Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies

DSC_3929

DSC_3912

Hmm… I wonder what could possibly be under that bump?
DSC_3909

DSC_3935

DSC_3945

DSC_3921

DSC_3946
Ah-ha!
DSC_3957

I’ll be moving out this summer and cannot stop looking at Pottery Barn, Crate & Barrel, West Elm, and Ballard Designs online. I envision elaborate drapery, huge comfy sectionals, and pillows galore, when really, I should be envisioning a 100 square ft room with recycled orange floral couch, a piece of wood as a side table, and a 20 inch TV on top of a tree stump. I have color palettes for each room determined in my head, but really I’ll probably only have one room to decorate. Oh well. A little looking never hurt anyone…
Yet another cookie in a cookie recipe, yet another huge hit. Oreos and chocolate chip cookies are just meant to be together. If you wanted a plain chocolate chip cookie, this would make a great one. Just omit the whole Oreo part. The cookies stayed soft and the oreo stayed crispy even after being baked. Lovely.

I halved this recipe and got about a dozen HUGE cookies. Yes, my cookie dough to oreo ratio might have been a bit high, but I wouldn’t have it any other way. You can use less cookie dough per oreo if you want to make more cookies than I did. From Buns in my Oven.

• 2 sticks butter, softened
  • 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
  • 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 10 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • 1 package Oreo cookies
  1. Cream together the butter and sugars. Add in the eggs and vanilla and mix until well combined.
  2. In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, and salt.
  3. Slowly add the dry mix to the wet mixture until just combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
  4. Refrigerate the dough for an hour.
  5. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  6. Scoop a ball of cookie dough on top of the Oreo and another below, sandwiching the Oreo in between. Flatten the cookie dough and seal the sides, completely covering the Oreo.
  7. Place the cookies at least two inches apart on a baking sheet and bake for 9-13 minutes.

Categories

Archives

Comments

No way! There is not an Oreo cookie in another cookie. There is?! Holy deliciousness!! I am definitely using this recipe.

I too love to drool over the gorgeous furniture and decor at Pottery Barn. I like to think that those purchases in my future, even if they’re not realistic for me right now. Have fun planning for your move!

-Emily

Good luck with your move! Between college, internships and my final move after college, I must have lived in 7 different places in 4 years. It’s fun to envision Pottery Barn catalog pages and Crate and Barrel, but even if you can’t get that stuff right off the bat, you can still imagine and still save up for the things you really want! I don’t see how I wouldn’t like a cookie that is both chocolate chip and oreo. The chocolate chip cookie recipe looks just like I remember my great-great aunt making, what a wonderful memory! (And darn good cookies, too!)

3. vincent says

Hello,

We bumped into your blog and we really liked it – great recipes YUM YUM.
    We would like to add it to the Petitchef.com.

enjoy your recipes.

and benefit from their exposure on Petitchef.com.

To add your site to the Petitchef family you can use http://en.petitchef.com/?obj=front&action=site_ajout_form or just go to Petitchef.com and click on “Add your site”

Best regards,

Vincent
    petitchef.com

I was looking around for a recipe for a picnic this weekend and came across these… as soon as I saw them I had to try it for myself… although I used Jaffa Cakes instead and they were a bit more cakey than cookie hehe!! i’ve posted some pics on my blog.

Thanx for the great idea..!!

Cake It Or Leaf It

5. Anonymous says

I just made these and they are to DIE for! Mine didn’t come out as pretty as yours, but I will definitely be making these again! Oreos and chocolate chip cookies go together better than macaroni and cheese!

I did something bad. I made these using your peanut butter cookie recipe instead of the chocolate chip cookie recipe. Ridiculously delicious!!! Now to experiment with Girl Scout cookies…

I honestly believe that Adrian Peterson, Arian Foster, Ray Rice, Marshawn Lynch, or
    Jamaal Charles should be your focus in the first round.
    It is Tennessee’s Rocky Top, Florida’s Old Ball Coach, and of course the Gator
    Chomp and the mighty Tim Tebow. In a very short time he built a very, very thorough
    roster that can beat you in a number of ways.