3/4 cup dutch processed cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
8 tbs. unsalted butter, softened
2/3 cup granulated sugar
¼ cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 large egg
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
¾ cup chocolate chips
1 tsp instant espresso powder
- Whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt and espresso powder. Set aside.
- In another bowl, cream together the butter and both sugars. Stir in the egg and vanilla.
- Gradually mix in the flour mixture to the wet mixture, until just incorporated. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Separate the dough into two and roll them into 2 uniform logs about 12 inches long. Refrigerate it until firm enough to slice.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut the logs into 1 inch slices and place 1 ½ inches apart on the prepared sheets. Bake for 15 minutes, or until the dough looks just baked. The cookies should be tender, so do not over bake.
PEANUT BUTTER FILLING
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 6 Tbsp softened unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp milk
- Cream all the ingredients together until well mixed. Use immediately.