The grand opening weekend at work is finally over! It has seriously been one hectic work week. I even managed to sleep 12 hours one night after working for 12. I didn’t even know that I was capable of sleeping for that long!
Exciting news… I’ll be visiting Paris in April with my family! Finally, I’ll be able to eat macaroons and bread and butter, galore. I cannot wait! Anyone have any recommendations for must sees/go to places in Paris?
This bread came out a bit dry, but the taste was all there. I’d add an extra banana or some yogurt to the batter next time. It sure did turn out looking beautiful, though! Usually in Nutella baked goods, you can never taste the Nutella. But you can definitely taste them in this bread! The recipe comes from recipe girl.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups mashed ripe banana
- 1/3 cup plain low fat yogurt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup Nutella (chocolate-hazelnut spread)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8×4 inch loaf pan.
- Whisk together flour, baking soda & salt. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together the sugar and butter. Add the eggs and mix well. Add banana, yogurt and vanilla; beat until blended. Next, blend in the flour mixture until just incorporated.
- Microwave the Nutella for about 15 seconds until soft. Add 1 cup of the banana bread batter to the Nutella and stir together.
- Take turns spooning the nutella batter and the plain banana batter into the loaf pan. Swirl the batters with a knife.
- Bake the batter for 60 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.