- 3 cups flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) real butter, melted
- 1 cup (2 sticks) real butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans, (optional) (always measure the nuts first then chop them)
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 5 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together the flour, salt, sugar, baking powder, milk, eggs and vanilla. Next, stir in the 1/2 cup melted butter. Pour batter into a greased 9 x 13 inch baking pan.
- Next, for the topping, mix the 2 sticks of softened butter, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon and pecans until well combined. Drop evenly over cake batter by spoonfuls and use a knife to marble/swirl through the cake.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean from center.
- For the glaze, mix powdered sugar, milk and vanilla in a large bowl. Whisk until smooth and pour over warm cake. Serve warm or at room temperature.