Day 11 of my 12 days of cookies: Brookies! These cookies are basically a mix between a brownie and a cookie, hence the name: brookies. They’re quite delicious and will melt in your mouth. The kind of chocolate that you use really makes a difference with the taste of the cookie, so make sure to use one that you like!
From Clinton St. Baking Company Cookbook
(Makes about 18-20)
- 1 tablespoon of canola oil
- 1 teaspoon of unsalted butter
- 2 cups of semisweet chocolate chunks (52-62% cacao)
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup of light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- Melt the oil, butter, and 2 cups of the chocolate together in a stainless-steel bowl of a double boiler. Let the mixture cool.
- In another bowl, whisk the eggs, brown sugar, and vanilla together until combined.
- Fold the melted chocolate mixture into the egg mixture.
- In another bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Add the flour mixture into the chocolate mixture until combined.
- Freeze the batter in a shallow pan for 6 to 8 minutes until the batter sets and hardens slightly.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F at this time.
- Scoop the cookie dough into balls and place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 11 to 12 minutes until the tops look dry and cracked.
- Cool completely for a soft and chewy Brookie.