Day 10 of my 12 days of cookies: Red Velvet Whoopie Pies. Like I mentioned in my previous post, I’m a bit exhausted so this recipe is the perfect quick fix for fast cookies. I’ve posted this recipe before, but with extra add-ins. I’ve also done a different version of cake mix cookies with oil, but I prefer the ones with butter.
I have to admit that I also cheated with the frosting and used store bought rather than making my own. I told you, I really used the fast route on these babies… but it’s okay because they’re still impressive since I love anything red velvet! You can easily whip up a batch of homemade cream cheese frosting to make them semi-homemade.
Back to my Harry Potter marathon with the DB! Eat up! Oh, stay tuned for another post later tonight. I’ll be showing you guys a gift basket I delivered earlier today!
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package red velvet cake mix
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together the cake mix, butter, eggs, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract until well blended.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.