Before I go on, I apologize for being so late announcing the winners! This week has been extremely hectic at work with Condoleezza Rice and Vince Flynn coming back to back days. So here we go…
Next is number 14, Emily, who’s favorite baby names are Lucy and Stephen.
Congratulations! Winners: be expecting an email from me shortly. It was so fun hearing, well… technically reading, all of your favorite baby names! I think that’s one of my most enjoyable posts yet, so thanks for sharing!
- 3 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 C white sugar
- 2 1/2 C flour
- 1 t baking powder
- 1/2 t baking soda
- 1/2 t salt
- 1 C butter, softened
- 1 C sugar
- 1 C brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 t vanilla
- 1 C full-fat sour cream
- In a small bowl, combine 1 C sugar and 2 t cinnamon. Mix it together well.
- Generously grease or spray the inside of your bundt pan.
- Gently dust the entire inside of your pan with the cinnamon sugar mixture. Be sure you get inside all the little nooks. You will most likely only use about 1/3 C of the mixture. Set aside the leftovers to use in the middle of the cake.
- In a mixing bowl combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set the dry mixture aside for later.
- In a separate bowl, beat butter and both sugars until creamy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, mixing after each one.
- Stir in the vanilla.
- Grab your dry mixture and add it alternately with the sour cream. When both sour cream and all of the dry mixture are added continue to mix for 2 minutes.
- Spread 1/2 the batter into your pan. Pour the leftover cinnamon and sugar over the top. Spread the rest of your batter over the top.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 55-65 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes, then invert onto a wire rack to cool completely.