Brace yourself for these lovelies..
My parents are out of town this weekend and I feel like I’m playing “mom.” Picking up dinner (since I can’t cook), doing dishes 24:7, worrying about my siblings when they’re driving far distances or not home by ten, and making them constantly tell me where they are. It’s a tiresome job! A job that I didn’t even necessarily need to pick up, but I did anyway for the weekend.
- 5 oz Philly Cream Cheese
- 2 tbs softened butter
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tbs flour
- 1/4 cup Nutella
- 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup Herseys Special Dark Cocoa
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 stick of softened butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- Pre-heat oven to 350′
- Grease and line a 8 x 8 baking pan with cooking spray.
- Cream together butter, sugar and flour. Add cream cheese and mix/blend until smooth. Scrape bowl and add the egg and beat until the topping is nice and creamy. Scrap bowl and add Nutella, beat about one minute or until the nutella is mixed into the cream cheese mixture completely.
- Set topping aside and mix brownie batter.
- Sift flour, cocoa, salt and baking powder into a medium sized bowl.
- In a small bowl cream sugar and 1/2 stick of butter, add eggs one at a time, beat well then add vanilla.
- Fold egg, sugar, butter and vanilla mixture into the bowl of dry ingredients.
- Spread 3/4 of the brownie batter into the bottom of an 8 x 8 baking dish.
- Randomly dollop the cream cheese topping over the brownie batter.
- Randomly dollop the rest of the brownie batter on top of the cream cheese batter. Swirl with the tip of a knife.
- Bake at 350 for 40 to 50 minutes.