I honestly don’t know how people go to work 40 hours a week. We work to live, live to work. It’s a strenuous lifestyle that can also be just as rewarding. For me, I feel like I have to go on a mini vacation every month just to keep from overloading.. and I don’t even consider my job “real” work (since it’s just a part time job)! What am I going to do once I join the work force?! Oh dear. Hopefully I’m lucky enough to do something that I love so it doesn’t feel like work.
I’ll be taking my second mini vacation this week with another trip to Vegas, but this time it’s a girls’ trip with my mom, my aunt (mom’s sister) and her daughter (aka my cousin). We’ll be celebrating my aunt’s and my birthday! I’m counting down the hours… so excited!
I feel like I made these cookies oh-so-long ago. But don’t these cookies just look drool-worthy? After baking these, I confirmed that I don’t like peanut butter cookies. Am I crazy? I love having peanut butter chips and candy in cookies, but I don’t like peanut butter cookies itself. Either way, my DB loved these. The cookies are very moist, almost to the post where they’re crumbly, and have a different kick depending on what type of candy bar you use. I got a grab bag that had the three musketeers, milky way, snickers, and midnight milky way. The recipe is slightly adapted from Amanda’s Cookin’.
Oh, I’ve actually been updating my style blog, A Pile of Style, frequently! Feel free to drop by over there and say hello!
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 ½ cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 bag mini size candy bars, whatever you prefer
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Cream butter, sugars and peanut butter. Add eggs. Stir or whisk together flour, soda and salt. Add to creamed butter mixture and mix well.
- Roll into balls or use a cookie scoop.
- Cut the candy bars in half and place them cut side down on top of the rounded cookie and press down gently.
- Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and leave cookies on cookie sheet for 2 minutes to rest. Cool on a cooling rack for ten minutes.
- Allow to cool completely before eating (if you can wait!).