Have you guys been following the World Cup? If so, what team is everyone rooting for? Since my boyfriend is Argentinian/Argentine (which one is it, btw? I always go back and forth between the two), he’s quite the die hard soccer fan. When I say die hard, I mean waking up at 4:30 AM to watch a game, taking the day off from work so he won’t miss Argentina playing, and shouting so loud the neighbors across the street could easily hear him. For me, the sport is just not that appealing. Sorry, soccer lovers!
Ninety minutes of going back and forth across the field with hardly anyone ever scoring is not my form of amusement. I need a more fast paced & higher scoring sport to watch. Maybe I never got into soccer because I never played it. I mean, running is not something I like to do willingly. I will, however, admit that I do like watching penalty kicks… but it normally takes so long to even get to that point that I give up watching way before the penalty kicks even happen. Nevertheless, since I have a boyfriend that’s so crazy about it, I must be a supportive girlfriend. Go Argentina! (The boyfriend is watching YouTube videos about previous matches with Germany/Argentina and about Messi as I type. ::sigh::) Pleeeasseee win tomorrow so I don’t have a sulking boyfriend for the next week.
Oh, and since we’re talking about my boyfriend, I’ll gloat for him a little bit. His nerdy reviews were posted on Gizmodo for the Iphone 4 earlier this week and he was really excited about it. Check it out here (His comments are under his name, Gabriel)! Yup, I’m dating a total geek and I wouldn’t have it any other way.
This is finally the last of the cupcakes. It only took me about a million years to post all the recipes when I originally aimed for a week. Sorry for the delay! It comes from the same book that I used for all the previous cupcakes posted by the cake mix doctor. I kicked up the amount of cinnamon when I did it, but I would recommend using what’s posted. I’m not quite sure what Cinnamon Toast is supposed to taste like, but I will tell you that these taste exactly like their name.
- 24 paper liners for cupcake pans
- 1 package (18.25 oz) plain yellow cake mix
- 1 package (3.4 oz) vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 1/4 cups whole milk
- 3/4 cups vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 24 cupcake cups with paper liners. Set aside.
- Place the cake mix, pudding mix, milk, oil, eggs, and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl. Blend with an electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds. Increase mixer to medium and blend 1 1/2-2 minutes more, scraping down the sides if needed.
- Spoon 1/3 cup batter into each lined cupcake cup, filling it 3/4 full. Place the pans in the oven.
- Bake cupcakes 18-22 minutes.
- When toothpick comes out clean, place the pan on wire racks to cool for 5 minutes before taking them out.
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese at room temp
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter, at room temp
- 3 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Place the cream cheese and butter in a large mixing bowl. Blend with an electric mixer on low speed until combined, 30 seconds. Stop the machine.
- Add the confectioners’ sugar, a little at a time, blending with the mixer on low speed until the sugar is well incorporated, 1 minute.
- Add the cinnamon, then increase the mixer speed to medium and blend the frosting until fluffy, 1 minute more.