I feel like all I want to eat is sweets ever since my surgery. Maybe while they were poking around my insides, they took out the need to eat regular food and substituted it with tons of sugar. That would explain it.
- 2 sticks cold and cubed unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon table or fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 2 1/4 cups good quality semisweet chocolate chips or chunks
- just unter 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In bowl of electric mixer fitted with paddle, cream together butter and sugars until well blended and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, mix in vanilla and beat until well incorporated.
- Add flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder and mix until just combined. Gently fold in chocolate chips/chunks and nuts.
- Refrigerate dough for at least an hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Roll cookie dough into individual balls. Make them HUGE! I got 12 cookies from this batch.
- Place each on sheet pan and bake in the preheated oven 15-20 minutes depending on how gooey and rawish you like the interior, until very lightly browned, taking care not to overbake. Mine took 16 minutes.
- Let cool on rack and store what you don’t immediately eat in an airtight container.
For all of you near the LA area, I’m glad to say that I’ll be participating in this year’s Eat my Blog charity bake sale! Do drop by and say hello if you can, there will be plenty of great desserts and great bloggers supporting a great cause!