I’ve been baking like crazy recently. You have noooo idea. I baked six different things last night for my boyfriend’s nieces’ birthday party today. They’re growing up so fast! I have a lot to live up to at every one of the boy’s family events now… Since I brought baked goods the first time I met everyone, I’m kind of expected to bring them for the rest of my life. I’ve designated myself as the dessert girl without purposely doing so. Hahaha, I don’t mind.. I actually love it! Being able to bake Costco amounts of food and having it all be eaten in a day makes me feel great. Plus, my boyfriend has an amazing family and they’re well worth the effort.
This recipe comes from Pete Bakes and is uh-mazing. Recipes that come from the family and passed down are always the best. Also, it’s from a boy that bakes! How presh is that?! Do you have any idea how hard they are to find? As much as I love my boyfriend, he can barely boil water if his life depended on it. Boys that can cook, let alone bake, are rare to come by. Trust me. Also, trust me when I say that this recipe truly rocks. It’s moist, light, and pleasantly sweet.
- 1 stick butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp water
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 6 oz chocolate chips
1. mix 1/2 cup white sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, chocolate chips.
2. cream butter, 1 cup white sugar, and eggs. add the sour cream, vanilla and water.
3. in a separate bowl, mix flour, baking powder and soda. combine into the wet ingredients.
4. pour half of the batter into a greased and floured 9×13 inch pan. sprinkle half of the cinnamon, sugar and chocolate chip mixture on the batter. pour in the rest of the batter and top with the rest of the cinnamon, sugar and chip mix.
5. bake at 350 F for 30 minutes. let it cool for at least an hour before cutting into it, or the chocolate chips will be too melty and it will be hard to get out of the pan.
oh, p.s. i created a FORMSPRING, so click over and ask me anything you’d like!