Eeeeek! 5 more days until Christmas (just in case you didn’t know already). Good thing I only have my boyfriend to shop for and that’s already been taken care of. Well, I also got my dad a Ronald Reagan bomber jacket from my work which he absolutely adores. I think it’s cute how much he loves his Ronald Reagan gear. I even bought him an air force one plane toy for him! He stared in awe at it for a solid minute and said that this was all he wanted for Christmas. How precious!
Day 8 of my twelve days of cookies: I adapted this recipe from allrecipes. I seriously love that website. You can find a recipe for ANYTHING and know that they’ve been tried and true. I tend to lean toward the recipes the have a lot more ratings, cause you know it’s gotta be good to have that many people try them out. Anyways, I took these to a dinner party and they raved about them! They were soft with the perfect amount of sweetness. The white chocolate balances out the cranberries nicely and it’d be a great addition to your Christmas cookie list!
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until smooth. Beat in the egg and vanilla. Combine the flour and baking soda; stir into the sugar mixture. Mix in the white chocolate chips and cranberries. Drop by heaping spoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven. For best results, take them out while they are still doughy. Allow cookies to cool for 1 minute on the cookie sheets before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.