My Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookies

You can never have enough chocolate chip cookies and you can never bake enough of them. I used to search high and low for the perfect CCC recipe while experimenting with all the different ingredients to see what made the best difference. This is my one and only CCC recipe that I use and I don’t even bother glancing at another one anymore. It’s perfectly thick, chewy, and crispy, while maintaining the perfect amount of flavor. I’ve posted the recipe on here before, but I’ll post it again to make sure you don’t miss it. Just look how photogenic these cookies are! They’ve pleased everyone so far and I’ve baked them at least a dozen times!

These cookies go great with the snuggly weather, which I sure do miss. I’d gladly give up a week of sun for a week of overcast and rain. Good thing I’ll be going to Seattle next week with my boyfriend! That way, I get to soak in the lovely cold weather and cuddle with my love! Speaking of Seattle, does anyone have any places to recommend going besides my favorite cupcake shop, Trophy’s? I’d love to hear any suggestions! We’ll be going for 4 days, 3 nights and will be staying in downtown Seattle, so anywhere nearby is fair game! :)

• 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
  • 1 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
  • 1 egg
  • 1 egg yolk
  • 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
  1. Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
  2. In a medium bowl, cream together the melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well blended. Beat in the vanilla, egg, and egg yolk until light and creamy. Mix in the sifted ingredients until just blended. Stir in the chocolate chips by hand using a wooden spoon.
  3. Refrigerate the dough for at least an hour. When it’s time, Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
  4. Drop cookie dough 1/4 cup at a time onto the prepared cookie sheets. Cookies should be about 3 inches apart.
  5. Bake for 15 to 17 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the edges are lightly toasted. Cool on baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.

Categories

Archives

Comments

This recipe is my perfect CCC recipe! I love the tablespoon of vanilla – it makes these cookies so flavourful. I’ve been making these cookies for years and everyone loves them.

Anyway, Seattle – have you done the touristy stuff like Space Needle, Underground City etc? The views from the Space Needle, especially at night, are just amazing!

Ahh…Seattle. I’m sure you experienced the extreme downpour of rain we had yesterday (Saturday). Wasn’t it great?!! I live and work in Seattle. I’m reading this post a bit late so I’m not sure if you are still here but here are some ideas if you are still in the area. Do you have transportation to go outside of downtown or are your feet do the traveling?

* If you are a Tom Douglas fan, he has many restaurants downtown Seattle. On 4th Ave. & Virginia is the intersection of 3 of his most popular restaurants. Serious Pies (pizza), Lola (greek) and Dalia Lounge & Bakery. The bakery is a little separate entrance on 4th Avenue and it’s a very well known and loved bakery in the area. It’s a little more upscale in it’s selection of treats and their coconut cream pie is very sought after (expensive too).

* Their is a bakery in Belltown called Macrina Bakery. It’s on 1st Avenue and also a very popular bakery. (Belltown is also a very hip night area).

* If you want an excellent and very quaint and intimate Italian Dinner there is a restaurant in the Pike Place Market area called The Pink Door. You enter it on Post Alley and it only displays a tiny little sign. The restaurant is one you will remember forever. It is sooo darn cute and romantic.

* If you want to visit a very funky neighborhood where you will see all sorts of different folks, you must go up to Capitol Hill. You can walk there from downtown Seattle in about 15 minutes. So fun to browse the main street, Broadway and the little shops. Beautiful old houses on Capitol Hill also.

* If you CAN get a bit outside of town, you should go to Golden Gardens in Ballard AND Discovery Park in Magnolia. BEAUTIFUL city parks both near the water. Near Golden Gardens, you can get some wonderful fish & chips. Oh, and on the way to Golden Gardens is the Ballard Locks which is very interesting, educational and fun.

* Another area outside of downtown Seattle where you should visit is West Seattle, Alki Beach. It’s a beach that has a prominent scene in Sleepless in Seattle. Has a beautiful beach, lots of restaurants, a nice path to walk and cute little beach houses to look at. Everyone enjoys Alki Beach.

* There is a fairly new cupcake place Downtown Seattle called the Yellowleaf Cupcake co. it’s on 2209 4th Avenue. I have not tried it yet but have good things about it.

Gosh, I could go on and on but I’m not even sure if you are still in Seattle. Email if you have any questions or need suggestions. I would love to help you.

Heidi
    nillanamba@gmail.com

I love seeing your posts in the Bakery community!

I think this is the recipe I’ve claimed from AllRecipes…whenever I take the cookies anyplace, they get rave reviews. Love them! I want to bake some now! :D

These cookies look fantastic and I’m excited to try them! As for Seattle (I’m native) I would have to echo what Heidi recommended! Anything Tom Douglas and go to Macrinas! We had our wedding reception at Palace Ballroom with a full TD menu and the cake came from Macrinas! We were married nearly 7 months ago and we’re still getting compliments on it. Serious Pie is a MUST!!

love this CCC recipe! you have me hooked.

as for seattle: definitely hit up pike’s place market. A foodie’s heaven for realz!

if you like ice cream, go to Molly Moon’s. Amazing. Always a fat line out the door on a hot day.

I looooove trophy cupcakes. Other famous places are cupcake royal although I haven’t been there myself

Capitol hill. amazing bar scene, lots of young people, great for going out. and get a cream cheese hot dog, only open at night before you tun in!!

lastly…. if you are on a budget and want some great french food, go to Presse. It is a french cafe, right next to seattleU. cheap, chic, and delicious!! right next to it is a great coffee shop too!! (stumptown) have fun. I love seattle :)

6. Anonymous says

Purple is one of my favorite restaurants. It’s downtown on the corner of 4th and university, and they have a great wine menu and a pretty good beer selection, too. I can’t remember the exact name on the menu, but if you go you should try the cheese, honey, and cranberry dessert. It’s delicious.

Man Vs Food raved about Red Mill Burgers, the Crab Pot, and Beth’s Cafe. My husband and I were drooling over the burger joint. :)

Yummy cookies. I’m making a double-batch today!

You are absolutely right! This is the best chocolate chip cookie recipe by far! I just made a batch right now using this recipe and they’re perfect! THank you so much for sharing!

I stumbled to your blog and I’m hooked! I have baked 2 recipes in one night. These CCC recipe is baking the oven at this VERY second!

Thanks!

Enji

10. Anonymous says

I’m just baking these cookies now (the pictures made me do it) But I used dark brown sugar because that is all I had.. I haven’t tried them yet, I’m sure they are still good, but did you use light brown sugar?? Because my dough and the cookies are turning out a lot darker then the ones in the picture.

11. Anonymous says

they are still quite tasty! but don’t look anything like the picture… turned out a lot darker, any ideas why?

anon- yes, i know.. it is the same recipe as that one and it is linked where it says “HERE” on this post. i’ve posted it almost 3 times here now and credited it. thanks.

13. Anonymous says

this dough is honestly amazing right now. i am so baked and waiting for them to come out of the oven….i know they are gonna be awesome. thanks for this recipe

I tried these over the weekend. I think I left them too long in the fridge because they weren’t quite as thin and soft looking as yours. I’ll definitely be trying the recipe again though!

Hm…I tried this recipe the other day, and my cookies came out way too hard. I’m thinking I left them in for too long or something. I’m not sure. Do you know what could have gone wrong?

16. bonny says

i always spend so much time looking for recipes else where, yet i always come back to your blog. everything you make looks so good, and it always comes out good too! these were really good! thank you :)

17. Kathy says

I know this is super super late..haha. I stumbled on to your site because your cookies look amaaazing! :) I will definitely try them.

If you ever go back to Seattle, I want you to try Yellow Leaf Cupcakes. They are located in downtown Seattle. The cupcakes are moist and the frosting isn’t too sweet which I really like. They only I actually pick them over Trophys and Cupcake Royale!

I just came across this post ( I think via Pinterest!) and decided to try these for myself! So delicious! I didn’t follow your instructions properly, but I think I’ll try to next time. Anyway, they were still a huge hit – I posted about it on my blog, and linked back to you! Thanks!

20. Anonymous says

Perfect recipe! Made these with my two year old daughter today for fathers day. Best cookies I’ve made! Thanks for sharing.

21. Anonymous says

i have been using this recipe for a ittle over a year now and it is a huge success. i will never use another ccc recipe. these are hands down the best cookies i have ever made.

22. Julie says

Hi Kim, like you I’m always looking for a good chocolate chip recipe. my favorite is still from my classic ‘joy of cooking’ book. your melted butter has me intrigued though! I’m going baking at the end of the month at the Ronald mcdonald house and will try them there. also going to make our white chocolate chip oatmeal cookies! thanks for the inspiration!!

23. shannon says

Just made these tonight as a treat to my super husband….I only had peanut butter M&Ms on hand, they were great! :)

Different martial arts really had not helped me much and I was
    tired of getting picked on or whupped. The type of style
    you choose will largely depend on your preferences, but both can be quite fulfilling once your choice is made.

These attacks came from bandits stealing the monks
    meagre possessions as they travelled on pilgrimages to other Buddhist temples.

I know that this post was made a while ago, is this recipe to this day the best chocolate chip cookie recipe you’ve found? I’m constantly on the hunt for the PERFECT chocolate chip cookie recipe and wanted to know what your fave was. Thanks and I love your blog!

Sydney Sun

G high page ranks of 4 tankers gets 100 tom clancys the division beta crystals after a certain amount of money
    on video games, anybody may really feel like some respite, dont push yourself.

It’s perfect time to make some plans for the future and it’s time to
    be happy. I’ve read this post and if I could I wish to
    suggest you few interesting things or advice. Maybe you could write next articles referring to this article.
    I want to read even more things about it!

Have a look at my page plumber Fresno Fresno
    CA plumber (Duane)

Howdy would you mind letting me know which webhost
    you’re utilizing? I’ve loaded your blog in 3 completely different internet browsers and I must say this blog loads a lot quicker then most.
    Can you recommend a good web hosting provider at a reasonable price?
    Thanks, I appreciate it!

Add CommentYou ddo not involve click through the up coming internet page random
    numbers that usually has built-in emollients. What zippers
    for your location or venue and your panties shoupd be a success.

Feel free tto visit my weblog :: visit the uup coming internet site (burx.de)

Excellent post. I was checking continuously this blog and I’m impressed!
    Extremely useful info particularly the last part :) I care for such information a lot.
    I was looking for this certain info for a long time. Thank you and good luck.

Trackbacks