Sorry about the pictures– I didn’t enough lighting to take a decent picture and it was the best I could do before I had to rush off to work. I can’t stand the shadow in the second picture and tried to brighten them up the best I could without photoshop
My friend, Ian, turned 23 this past week and he celebrated by having a dessert pot luck at his place after dinner at Macaroni Grill. He’s a vegan, but makes an exception for my baked goods, so I knew I had to include lots of good ol’ fatty dairy products in it What a good friend I am, right? Haha.
I saw this recipe on Let’s Get Cookin’! and had to give it a shot with my favorite brownie recipe. I used my favorite brownie recipe posted numerous times before here on my blog, but to make it easy for you, I’ll repost it again. You can also opt for using a brownie mix rather than making brownies from scratch to cut down on time if that tickles your fancy. This dessert is very decadent and rich. A bite was plenty for me, and I’m usually a monstrous dessert eater. Don’t get me wrong, they’re delicious.. it’s just a bit overload for me!
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup AP flour
- ½ cup cocoa
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 8″x8″ pan.
- Melt butter in saucepan over low heat. Once melted remove from heat and add sugar, vanilla, and eggs. Blend together.
- In separate bowl, mix together flour, cocoa, and salt. Add dry mixture to the wet and mix well.
- Pour into greased pan and bake for 35-40 minutes.
- 1-1/2 sticks butter, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 4-1/2 tbsp milk
- 1-1/2 cups flour
- 1-1/2 cups mini chocolate chips.
- Prepare your brownies according to the package in a 9×13 pan. Let cool completely.
- Next, combine the butter, sugars, milk and flour until well combined. Then stir in the mini chocolate chips.
- Spread the cookie dough on the cooled brownies.
- Then chill the brownies until the cookie dough is firm. Cut into bars and serve.
P.S. Thanks so much for all your Seattle suggestions! I’m such a foodie and can’t wait to try out some of the restaurants/cafes/bakeries that you all have suggested. I’ll be gone the 26th-29th (Mon-Thurs), but I’ll make sure to document and keep you guys posted on all the good food!