Day 5 of my 12 Days of Cookies: White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies. I’m surprised at how many people love this cookie. Everyone that I assumed who doesn’t like macadamia nut cookies, actually do. Maybe it’s because I think most of the people that I know are not nut-lovers. This recipe is my by far my favorite white chocolate macadamia nut recipe, mainly due to the texture. They are sturdy enough that they won’t break when packing them for travel, but remain soft when you bite into them. Give them a shot; there are more white chocolate macadamia nut cookie lovers out there than you think!
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- Heat oven to 375*F (190*C).
- In a large bowl, mix flour, baking soda and salt
- In a separate bowl, cream together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Mix in the egg and vanilla.
- Gently stir in flour mixture.
- Fold in the white chocolate and macadamia nuts.
- Drop cookies by rounded tablespoonfuls onto a non stick cookie sheet about 1-inch apart.
- Bake for 9 to 12 minutes or until lightly golden.
Sidenote: Gosh, my visitor count has been going up like crazy recently and I want to thank you guys for visiting! I haven’t hit a thousand different viewers in a day, yet.. My past couple days have been just shy, of about 930, 940. That’s my new goal for myself.. reach 1000 first time visitors in one day.